Monday, March 25, 2013

Disappointing news regarding Maritime Y

I just read that the Maritime Y will officially pull its offer to build a new facility at the Maritime Park.  Very disappointing. This comes on the heels of the City Council tonight discussing, for over two hours, trying to put together a committee to negotiate with the Council, CMPA, and the Y.  While I believe that Councilman Spencer's motion had good intentions, I knew the Y did not want to deal with yet another layer of bureaucracy.  I was hoping that the Y and the CMPA could get together but that seems not to be.  I planned on trying to have a conversation tonight about the process of leasing property at the CMP  but after a 4.5 hour meeting I did not have the energy to bring it up.  We do need to look at the process and the make up of the CMPA moving forward.  I am going to be reaching out, over the next few days, to see if there is anything I can do to breath life back into what I think is a very important economic development project.  One that will be a great benefit to Pensacola.

No comments:

Post a Comment